A Malpractice Attorney Who Will Be There for you Every Step of the Way
Laying a complaint against a medical professional can be a difficult decision. Because so many people have suffered a lot already, they would rather leave this painful and emotional process and focus on getting better. However, if you feel strongly about your case you will need the services of a medical law attorney.
A complaint is lodged at the HPCSA for unethical and unprofessional conduct. A malpractice attorney is a qualified individual that has experience in dealing with cases specifically aimed at the medical negligence field. Medical negligence can occur in any stage of the medical management process, for example:
- Incorrect or misdiagnosis of a condition
- Delaying the diagnosis, resulting in an unfortunate outcome
- Incorrect reporting on test results
- Performing surgery without the necessary care and skill
- Doesn’t provide appropriate referral for the condition
- Inappropriately treating a condition
- Disease management
- Not providing sufficient warning, of the risks associated with a procedure or treatment
- Not informing the patient of alternative treatments or procedures
Because complaints are first brought before the Preliminary Inquiry committee of the Health Professions Council of South Africa, it is essential that you provide your malpractice attorneywith as much information as possible. However, it is important to remember that a medical professional cannot always take the blame for everything that goes wrong. Acknowledge complications can occur and pre-existing conditions may have contributed to your problem. If you would like more information or you need the services of a malpractice attorney, contact the leaders in this field. Adele van der Walt Incorporated has ample experience in this field and can help with aspects of your medical negligence case.